Editorial Policies/ Report Scope
This Report has been edited as an annual report on non-financial information, presenting efforts by the Showa Denko Group to contribute to the environment and society.
For detailed financial information, please refer to the Financial Results and Financial Statements.
As for disclosure items, we analyzed our stakeholders' opinions and requests and covered priority topics, focusing on action policies and performance in 2016 and giving specific examples.
Period covered by this Report
This Report covers information for the period January 1 to December 31, 2015, with some information also provided for 2017. The term “the year” as used in this Report refers to the 2016 calendar year. The term “fiscal year” as used in this Report refers to the period from April 1, 2016, through March 31, 2017.
“Showa Denko” as used in the text of this Report refers to Showa Denko K.K., while “Showa Denko Group” refers mainly to Showa Denko and its consolidated subsidiaries in Japan. The financial performance data provided herein are consolidated figures for the Showa Denko Group; environmental performance data are for Showa Denko K.K.
Where environmental performance data include figures for Group member companies, the scope of applicability is noted for each category of data. Social performance data provided herein represent information and figures for Showa Denko K.K. Information on consolidated subsidiaries in Japan and abroad has been added to the sections of Community Relations and Employee Relations.
August 2016(The next edition is scheduled for publication in August 2017.)
- ISO 26000 (2010)
- Sustainability Reporting Guidelines (Version 4) from the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI)
- Environmental Reporting Guidelines 2012 from the Ministry of the Environment of Japan
- The Internatinal Integrated Reporting Framework from The Internatinal Integrated Reporting Council(IIRC)
Public Relation Office, Showa Denko K.K.
13-9, Shiba Daimon 1-chome, Minato-ku, Tokyo 105-8518, Japan
- Message from CEO
- Improving corporate value
- CSR Management
- Interaction with Stakeholders
- Information Disclosure and IR
- Fair Business Practice and Customer Care
- Human Rights and Labor Practice
- Responsible Care Activity
- Risk Management
- Corporate Ethics and Compliance
- Messages from Outside Directors
- Third-party Verification
- Performance Data Collection
- GRI Sustainability Reporting Guideline, Version 4
- List of Data Collection Boundaries
- Editorial Policies/ Report Scope
- List of Declarations and Certifications