Showa Denko K.K. (SDK) has established its policy for the protection of personal information as follows, recognizing its social responsibility in view of the wide spread of the Internet and other advanced information technologies as well as the enforcement of the Personal Information Protection Law:
- 1.SDK appoints Personal Information Administrator who oversees company-wide implementation of measures for the protection of personal information. At the same time, each division handling personal information elects its own administrator to ensure the privacy.
- 2.SDK establishes and strictly observes internal rules for the protection of personal information, and educates its employees on this subject.
- 3.SDK acquires personal information in a lawful and fair manner to the extent it is necessary for conducting the business.
- 4.SDK uses the personal information it acquires only for the purposes announced on this web site or expressly indicated at the time of acquisition.
- 5.SDK makes every effort to keep personal data correct and updated to ensure the security of data. SDK also takes rational safety measures in terms of both administration systems and information technologies, thereby preventing unlawful access to and loss/alteration/leakage of personal information.
- 6.SDK does not, in principle, provide personal data to a third party. Except for cases under Paragraph 1, Article 23 of the Personal Information Protection Law or commissioning of work in which a confidentiality agreement is signed in advance, SDK obtains consent of the person whose information SDK needs to provide to a third party for conducting SDK's business.
- 7.SDK appropriately meets requests for disclosure or correction of personal data as defined in the Personal Information Protection Law. Details of the procedures for the disclosure or correction will be announced on this web site.
- 8.SDK appropriately and quickly responds to any complaint concerning the company's handling of personal information. Details of whom to contact for filing complaints will be announced on this web site.
- 9.SDK strictly observes the Personal Information Protection Law and related regulations, as well as rules and guidelines established by the competent authority. SDK is committed to continuous improvement in the protection and handling of personal information.
Handling of Personal Information on This Web Site
Showa Denko K.K. (SDK) hereby establishes rules on matters specifically related to the handling of personal information on this web site based on its privacy protection policy:
- 1.Everyone who visits this web site can use the site without disclosing Personal Information. (The Personal Information means any information that allows an individual to be identified or information peculiar to the individual, including a visitor's name, address, telephone number and e-mail address.) Although we sometimes conduct statistical analyses of how each page within our web site is used, we do not deal with any Personal Information in such analyses.
- 2.With regard to the Personal Information you provide us when you contact us via inquiry forms of our web site, we will use that information only for the purposes expressly indicated in advance.
- 3.We may provide the Personal Information to a member company or companies of our Group in order to achieve the purposes of use expressly indicated in advance.
- 4.We will strictly control the Personal Information you provided, taking measures to prevent its loss, alteration or leakage. In this web site, we use the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology--a highly reliable Internet cipher code system that protects the Personal Information of any visitor when he/she contacts us and receives our answer.
- 5.As for sites of other corporations or individuals with hyperlinks to our web site, we will not assume any responsibility for the protection of the Personal Information.
- 6.We may change the present rules in response to changes in relevant laws and regulations.
- 7.If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the General Affairs Office, at 81-3-5470-3636.