The Petrochemicals Division consists of the Olefins Department and the Organic Chemicals Department.
The Oita Complex is a main manufacturing base of the division and is equipped with a naphtha cracker. As its feature, the complex has a well-balanced demand structure. The basic materials manufactured by Showa Denko within the complex are supplied to the plants of plastics, synthetic rubber and styrene monomers, operated by other companies within the premises, as well as to the plant of acetyl derivatives operated by Showa Denko itself.
We are efficiently integrating new and old cracker equipment and diversifying materials ahead of competitors to enhance our competitiveness.
The Olefins Department provides basic petrochemical products, while the Organic Chemicals Department is expanding its business by using Showa Denko’s advanced catalyst technologies for acetyl and allyl alcohol derivatives.
Divisions and Department
- Industrial Gases Division
- Basic Chemicals Division
- Electronic Chemicals Division
- Functional Chemicals Division
- Ceramics Division
- Carbon Division
- Aluminum Rolled Products Division
- Aluminum Specialty Components Division
- Aluminum Can Division
- Device Solutions Division
- Electronics Materials Division
- Advanced Battery Materials Division