We contribute toward creating a society where affluence and sustainability are harmonized
We are now facing various social issues, including the global environment, medical care and problems with food. In order to contribute to the sustainable development of society, the Showa Denko Group has been taking actions to solve such issues through our business. Aiming to “contribute toward creating a society where affluence and sustainability are harmonized,” our entire group will continue to take actions in the future.
Along with the development and expansion of society, the problems surrounding the global environment, such as climate change, biodiversity and pollution, are intensifying. The Showa Denko Group has been taking measures towards the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions, energy savings, recycling, etc.
- Environmentally-friendly ammonia ”ECOANN™”
- ECOANN™ which utilized used plastics as a portion of the raw materials
- PFC (Greenhouse gas) treatment equipment
- Clean S™ which decomposes PFC
- Perlite for soil improvement
- Lightweight soil improvement material for tree planting excellent in drainage and permeability
- Demand for NPA, which is used as a solvent for special gravure printing ink, has been increasing as an environment-friendly substitute for the currently popular toluene.
The exhaustion of natural resources including petroleum due to the increase in global energy demand is a matter of concern. The Showa Denko Group has been developing products which contribute to energy saving and conservation of natural resources.
- Rare earth magnet alloys
- Motors and generators which use rare earth magnets are highly efficient and contribute to energy savings
- Power semiconductor SiC
- Power semiconductors with SiC contribute to the miniaturization of devices, and energy savings
- Graphite electrodes
- Used for electric furnaces which melt iron scrap, and contribute to the recycling of iron
- Advanced battery materials (for LIB and fuel cells)
- Supply the components of lithium ion batteries (SCMG™, VGCF™) and fuel cells
Security, safety and stable supply of foods
While the demand for grains is increasing due to the increase in global population, securing the stable supply and safety of food resources have become issues. The Showa Denko Group has been contributing to the solutions of these issues.
- Components for plant factories (LED, etc.)
- Jointly developed the LED irradiation method “Shigyo Method™” ideal for plant factories
- Disinfectant for drinking water (sodium hypochlorite, chlorine)
- Supply sodium hypochlorite (Jiax™) and chlorine
- Carbon dioxide gas related products (dry ice, etc.)
- Supply dry ice for cold packaging and carbonic acid gas for carbonated drinks
- Food containers and packaging materials (aluminum beverage cans, etc.)
- Aluminum cap seals, almic cans, aluminum cans, zipper polyethylene bags, nitrogen, etc.
There are various issues concerning health care, from nursing care problems, prevention of lifestyle related diseases, to health and beauty issues in daily life. The Showa Denko Group has been supporting the affluent and healthy life of people with the power of chemistry.
- Hydrophilic polymers
- Sodium polyacrylate (VISCOMATE™) used as the base raw material for poultice, etc.
- Medical application gases (oxygen, nitrous oxide, etc.)
- Supply oxygen and sterilization gas (NONBACT)
- Vitamins C and E derivatives which improved the permeability to the skin. Also effective for skin enhancement.
- Bed Sensor for Care
- Easy to Install under Bed, Foresees Bed Leaving and Useful for Preventing Fall
Advanced information-oriented society
In the electronics industry, further improvement in the convenience and comfortability of products through higher definition, higher speed, higher capacity and more miniaturization has been demanded. The Showa Denko Group has been supporting the foundations of advanced information- oriented society with frontier technology.
- Hard disks
- Renowned world class technology and production capacity
- Electronic material gases
- Gases for semiconductor etching and cleaning
- Solder masks
- Used when creating circuit patterns on printed circuit boards
- Titanium oxide for ceramic capacitors
- Super-Titania™ conforms to extensive needs including materials for the capacitors of personal computers