Environmental Management Data
Environmental load data
Actual values of environmental loads for 2019 are as follows:
Group companies in Japan
- *1 Emission amounts were calculated in line with the GHG Protocol.
- *2 Scope of the Showa Denko Group (As of June 2020) : Total for the 9 consolidated manufacturing subsidiaries in Japan; SunAllomer Co., Ltd., Showa Denko Gas Products Co., Ltd., Showa Denko Ceramics Co., Ltd. (Toyama), Showa Aluminum Can Corp., Showa Denko Packaging Co., Ltd., Niigata Showa K.K., Showa Denko Kenso Co., Ltd., Showa Denko HD Yamagata K.K. and Showa Fine Ceramics Co., Ltd., GHG emissions include those for Showa Denko Electronics K.K. and Tsurusaki Kyodo Doryoku Co., Ltd., and exclude those Niigata Showa K.K., Showa Denko Kenso Co., Ltd., Showa Fine Ceramics Co., Ltd., which are not required to report emissions as emitters designated under the Act on Promotion of Global Warming Countermeasures.
- *3 Emissions of toxic atmospheric pollutants are included in emissions of PRTR-listed substances.
- *4 Final landfill disposal: Including only waste generated from production activities during the year.
Showa Denko Group Companies outside Japan
|Discharged amounts of greenhouse gases||kt||445||402||416||735||636|
|The amount of water used||million m3||336||330||358||525||473|
|Final landfill volumes of industrial waste||t||3,864||4,748||5,813||11,374||12,217|
- *Discharged amounts of greenhouse gases outside Japan: Including the sites which emitted 3 kt or more.
- * The scope of data includes SHOWA DENKO CARBON ProductsGermany GmbH & Co.KG, SHOWA DENKO CARBON Austria GmbH, SHOWA DENKO CARBON Spain S.A., SHOWA DENKO CARBON Malaysia Sdn.Bhd for 2018 and subsequent years.
- * The scope of data includes Hanacans JSC for 2019.