CIMmultus™ takes you to the next stage in biopurification.
- High throughput purification in high flowrate with low backpressure.
- Easy handling.
- Excellent resolution and scale reproducibility.
- Support for a broad range of flowrate.
High Flowrate and High Throughput
CIM™（Convective Interaction Media™）technology allows natural-diffusion independent interaction by eliminating the mesopores (small pores) from the resin surface, which has been the bottleneck in efficiency of chromatography. Large diameter flow channels (averaging 2 micrometers) and unique radial flow structure minimizes the pressure drop and enables an extremely high flowrate running, with a maximum flowrate of 16 CV/min*.The efficiency of not just research and development, but also of downstream manufacturing processes, can be significantly enhanced by the never-before-experienced levels of high throughput separation.
(* In 1 mL type. Please refer to "Line-up and Specification" page in detail for each size product.)
Simple, Versatile and Compact
- CIMmultus™ is a ready-to-go prepacked media, which you can simply install to your chromatography instrument. Fittings are compatible to all popular types of instrumentation.
- Specially designed polymer housing provides the versatility for both repeated use by CIP and one-time use in varying development stages.
- High performance in a small body. Specially designed column mount (with casters with lock in 8,000 mL type) is attached for columns over 800 mL, with consideration of usability in actual manufacturing sites.
- CIMmultus™ free you from complicated management of linear velocity and residence time, which has been the barrier in scaling-up. In diffusion-independent CIM™ media, what you need only to do is to simply increase the column volume according to your target production size, and accordingly, the efficient throughput and resolution can be easily carried over. Once you have started the R&D with CIMmultus™, you will no longer face any barriers in scale-up.
- Media volumes of 1, 8, 80, 800 and 8000 mL are lined up, which supports your work from lab preparation to mass production.
Even under high flowrates, excellent separation performance and resolution can be achieved. Repeatability is also good due to its nature of pre-packed and high-strength monolithic media.
Safety, Validation & Quality Control
- All the CIMmultus™ columns are designed, developed and manufactured under the ISO 9001 Quality Management Compliance system. Supporting documents for pharmaceutical GMP manufacturing are available (80 - 8,000 mL).
- Monolithic resin is made of methacrylate-based polymer, and the surface inside the housing is coated by Parylene C, an approved material in USP Class VI. In the design of the columns, Alkaline CIP, leachables and being bio-inert have been fully considered.
CIMmultus™ Lineup and Specifications
|Functional groups||Ion exchange||Anion exchange: QA, DEAE, EDA (salt tolerant)|
|Cation exchange: SO3|
|Hydrophobic interaction||OH (weak), C4A (middle: low density butyl), C4HLD (strong: high density butyl)|
|Special use||Oligo dT (for mRNA purification) EV (for extracellular vesicles like exosome)|
|Average channel size||2 μm:||Best for entry. Standard type with versatility.|
|1.3 μm:||For simple and smaller targets such as recombinant proteins.|
|6 μm:||Specifically targeting larger virus particles (baculovirus, vaccinia, etc.).|
|GMP support||Supporting documents available for over 80 mL products (Please contact for details).|
|Recommended maximum flowrate||Maximum operating pressure|
|2||TC25 connector (25.4 mm)|
|1.4||TC25 connector (25.4 mm)|
|1.4||TC25 connector (25.4 mm)|
* Please contact availabilities of size, functional group types, and channel size combinations.