G23 PB-free Free-cutting alloy
- Alias name
- Lead-Less Free-Cutting Alloy
About the product
From consideration for the environment, Showa Denko has developed the lead-less free-cutting alloy G23 as a replacement for the conventional free-cutting alloy with Pb (A2011 equivalent: G21). This G23 alloy uses Sn, Bi instead of the Pb, Bi used in conventional free-cutting alloys, to achieve a cutting process ability and surface treatment ability that are equivalent to or better than conventional free-cutting alloys (A2011 equivalent: G21).
- G23 is Pb free, but retains a cutting characteristic that is equivalent to or better than A2011 material (G21).
- G23 has the same surface treatment performance as A2011 (G21).
- For cutting processed parts such as machine parts.
1. Mechanical properties (product standard)
|G23||350 or more||250or more||10or more|
A2011 equivalent G21
|373or more||275 or more||10or more|
2. Cutting process ability (appearance of the cut after performing cutting work)
3. Surface treatment ability
The data shown below are representative figures. They are not guaranteed values.