Showa Denko K.K.
The protection of your personal data is of great importance to Showa Denko K.K. (the “Company” or “we”) and the Company’s affiliates (the “Company Group”).
2.How we Process your Personal Data
We collect and process the following categories of personal data about you for the purposes described in the table below:
Purposes Categories of Personal Data
- To answer your questions and inquiries
- We will process your personal data in order to answer to your inquiries relating to our technology, products and services.
- To promote our products/services, and improve our website
- We will process your personal data, including regarding your use of our website, to improve our website and to present you with information on products or services that you may be interested in.
Name, company, department, address, email address, phone number, online identifier (e.g. IP address).
- With your consent, we process your personal data to send you emails and newsletters that are tailored to your interests based on your browsing activity on our website.
We will notify you separately, if the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as the possible consequences of failure to provide such data.
3.Personal Data we Collect via Automated Means
4.How we Obtain Your Personal Data
We obtain your personal data directly from you. We may also collect personal data about you indirectly through third parties, in which case we will inform you and obtain your consent, if required by applicable law.
5.How we Retain Your Personal Data
To the extent permitted by applicable law, we will retain your personal data for the duration of a reasonable period in order to be able to run regular deletion routines, to take into account the applicable statute of limitation period or to comply with our obligations under mandatory applicable law.
6.Sharing and Disclosure of Personal Data
Companies in the Company Group, including internal(https://www.sdk.co.jp/english/about/network/group.html) and overseas subsidiaries/affiliates (https://www.sdk.co.jp/english/about/network/oversea.html)
Third party service providers which provide products or services to us such as IT services, including hosting, IT maintenance, marketing, data analytics providers and customer support.
We require these third party service providers to use the personal data only to provide the contracted services and prohibit them from transferring the data to another party except as needed to provide the contracted services.
We may also disclose your personal data to other parties with your consent or when we are required or permitted to do so by law, regulation, legal process or enforceable government request. In particular, we may disclose your personal data to regulatory authorities to comply with our reporting obligations, to adverse parties in litigation or governmental entities in accordance with applicable law.
Certain of the aforementioned data recipients may be located in countries other than the country where the data originally was collected, including outside the EEA. As a result, your personal data may be transferred to the following third countries and/or area outside the EEA for the purposes mentioned above:
- United States of America
- People’s Republic of China
- Republic of Korea
- Republic of China
- Republic of Singapore
- Socialist Republic of Vietnam
Subject to applicable law, you have certain rights regarding your personal data collected and processed by us:
- Access to personal data
- You have the right to request confirmation as to whether personal data concerning you is being processed, and, if so, obtain certain information about the processing of your personal data and access to the personal data.
- Rectification of personal data
- You have to request the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you and to have incomplete personal data completed;
- Erasure of personal data
- If certain conditions are satisfied, you have the right to request the erasure of your personal data;
- Restriction on processing of personal data
- If certain conditions are satisfied, you have the right to request that the processing of your personal data is restricted.
- Objection to processing of personal data
- If certain conditions are satisfied, you have the right to object to processing of personal data concerning you.
- Data portability
- If certain conditions are satisfied, you have the right to receive personal data concerning you in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format and to transfer those data to another controller where it is technically feasible.
If we have obtained your consent for certain processing of your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by the method separately designated by us at the timing of seeking your consent. However, your withdrawal of consent will not affect the legality of processing conducted based on your consent before its withdrawal.
You can also lodge a complaint in relation to our processing of your personal data with the Data Protection Supervisory Authority of the Member State of your habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement.
Showa Denko K.K. Co. Ltd.
CSR & General Affairs Department
13-9，Shiba Daimon 1-Chome, Minato-ku, Tokyo105-8518 Japan